home | Continents | Countries | Quiz
Welcome to www.ewebglobe.com - Your window to the Globe
There are seven continents in the World. A quick overview of these is given below. The areas
are in sq-Km.
Click on the title to sort in any column.
|South America||379500000||17819000 |
Asia A few interesting statistics on Asia are:
- Asia is the largest continent of the World.
- Asia is made up of 48 countries.
- Asia has the highest point on Earth - the Mount Everest.
- The lowest point on Earth - the Dead sea is also in Asia.
- The two most populous coutries of the World - China and India are in Asia.
- Origin of all the main religions of the world is in Asia. These include Christianity, Hinduism, Muslim and Budhism.
- Asia has more people than any other continent. In fact, 2 out of every 3 people on Earth live in Asia.
Australia A few interesting statistics on Australia are:
- Australia is the only continent that is its own country.
- Australia is an island made of seven states.
- The native people of Australia are called ABORIGINES.
Africa A few interesting statistics on Africa are:
- Africa is the second largest continent.
- Africa is made up of 53 countries.
- The largest warm desert in the World, the Sahara dessert is in Africa.
Europe A few interesting statistics on Europe are:
- Europe is the sixth largest continent of the World.
- Europe is made up of 46 countries.
- With cities like London and Paris, Europe is the most popular tourist destination of the World.
North America A few interesting statistics on North America are:
- North America is the third largest continent of the World.
- North America is made up of three large countries - Canada, Mexico and the United States,
and the countries of Central America and the Caribbean Islands.
South America A few interesting statistics on South America are:
- South America is the fourth largest continent of the World.
- South America is made up of 13 countries.
- South America is connected to North America by the Isthmus of Panama
- São Paulo, Brazil, whose population is nearly 10,000,000, is the largest city of South America.
Antartica A few interesting statistics on Antartica are:
- Antarctica is located at the South Pole.
- Antarctica is the fifth largest continent of the World.
- Antarctica has no countries. Due to extremely cold weather, people do not live on this continent.